Army To Dislodge Boko Haram From Sambisa, Minister Reassures

Army To Dislodge Boko Haram From Sambisa, Minister Reassures
May 01 04:56 2016 Print This Article

The Minister of Defence, Alhaji Mansur Dan’ali, on Saturday, said the Nigerian Army was set to destroy all camps and hideouts of members of the Boko Haram sect in Sambisa forest.

Dan’ali made the statement during an inspection tour of the construction site of a new army barrack in Gusau.

According to him, the Nigerian Army is now at the verge of entering the forest and will soon flush out the insurgents terrorising some states in the northeast of Nigeria.

He said since the beginning of the present administration, tremendous success had been recorded in the fight against Boko Haram as well as cattle rustling in the country.

”We have been working seriously, going round the world, collaborating with other countries in fighting terrorism at the national, regional and international levels,’’ the minister said.

Commenting on the barrack under construction, Dan’ ali said the project was expected to be completed within the next three months.

He said that the project was part of the present administration’s efforts to ensure the comfort of the military and other security agencies.

”You know, President Muhammadu Buhari is seriously concerned about the welfare of the Nigerian Army and other security agencies as we have noticed from the attention given to them lately,’’ the minister said.

Dan’ali urged the contractor handling the project to ensure its speedy completion and also to do quality work.

NAN

write a comment

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

You can be the one to start a conversation.

Add a Comment

Your data will be safe! Your e-mail address will not be published. Also other data will not be shared with third person.
All fields are required.